Created by and with thanks to That Artsy Reader! This week’s theme is a school freebie; and when I started thinking about schools from books, it made me realise how prominent boarding schools are. I would never have voluntarily gone to a normal boarding school, but I might have made an exception for these fictional ones…
1. St. Vladimir’s Academy from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
It’s a school for vampires. Teenage me would’ve signed up on the spot.
2. The Little Palace from the Grishaverse books by Leigh Bardugo
It’s where they train Grisha–and how can you read any of the Grisha books without obsessing over which Grisha Order you’d belong to? (Corporalki Healer at your service.)
3. Shadowhunter Academy from Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare (et al)
I mean, the school itself would be hideous, but how can you not want to be trained as a Shadowhunter?!
4. The Gallagher Academy from the Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter
Say it with me: all girls’ school for spies. (Also, you might stand more of a chance of surviving this one than the others, for what that’s worth.)
5. Hogwarts from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
It’s not got the best survival rate, nor the highest safety rate, but Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.
Would you have attended a boarding school–fictional or otherwise?