Created by and with thanks to That Artsy Reader! I love that this week’s theme focuses on something so positive–and of course it has me thinking of romcoms. Here are five parts of beloved books that I turn to, time and time again, for that dopamine dose!
❗️Mild spoilers ahead!❗️
1. River turning up at the hospital for Jess – The Soulmate Equation by Christina Lauren
One of the most unexpectedly romantic things someone can do is pull through, without even being asked, in your time of need–especially when you’re so used to doing everything alone. And that is exactly what Love Interest We All Deserve, River, does for our heroine, Jess. (Excuse me. There’s a lump in my throat just thinking of it.)
2. Brendan hiring a handyman to put foam on Piper’s bunkbed so she doesn’t keep bruising her head on it – It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
There’s something about unexpectedly touching gestures that just gets me–especially when it’s Grumpy x Sunshine. It’s my catnip.
3. Charlie throwing anti-haemorriod pillows at Nora and her pregnant sister – Book Lovers by Emily Henry
To be fair, almost every Charlie moment is an ‘aww’ moment for me. But the sweet-sour delivery of this one hits me right in the feels.
4. Jack guiding Pepper through her fear of the subway system – Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
She doesn’t travel alone well, and she’s nervous as it is, and he’s there for her, and it’s ADORABLE.
5. Lara Jean realising Peter’s been sending her love letters all along – To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Especially the one about the Christmas cookies. Turns me to mush.
What are your favourite fictional ‘aww’ moments?