As I mentioned this time last year, I don’t tend to buy books for myself–I get a lot of enjoyment out of putting books on a birthday or Christmas list, and seeing which ones I end up with.
Well, I recently had a birthday, and here’s what I got (and bought with gifted book vouchers)!
- Wild and Wicked Things by Francesca May
The blogosphere is to blame for this one! (Also, if you have it, do that Google Lens thing on the cover. Magic is real!)
- Literary Witches: A Celebration of Magical Women Writers by Taisia Kitaiskaia and Katy Horan (Illustrator)
This was a wonderful present from my witchiest friend. It’s thoughtful and personal (it explores the witchy traits of a lot of female authors we studied together at university), and I never would have thought to buy it for myself!
- Bad Girls Never Say Die by Jennifer Mathieu
I’m hoping for Moxie-ish feminist vibes from this one, and I don’t think I’ll be disappointed.
- The Murder of Mr. Wickham by Claudia Gray
After my recent foray into the Regency era, how could I not be interested in a murder mystery that offs the character we all love to hate?
- You’ll Be the Death of Me by Karen M. McManus
This has been on my TBR for ages–and it even has sprayed edges!
- and unpictured, a book on Welsh grammar!
Another thoughtful and personal gift (after falling in love with Wales for writing purposes, I’ve been learning Welsh on Duolingo), this time from my fiancé, the MVP of my entire birthday!
- Book Lovers by Emily Henry
Me, a chronic forgetter of book releases, buying a book in the weeks after it was released?! Is this what it means to grow up?!
- It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey
This one’s already part of my summer TBR, so I can’t wait!
- The No-Show by Beth O’Leary
Another release I’ve bought within weeks of it coming out. I astound myself.
What books did you last haul?