1. WHY DID YOU START BLOGGING, AND WHY HAVE YOU KEPT BLOGGING?
I started blogging to keep myself accountable for reading; but also to find a peaceful, pleasant corner of the internet to discuss books. I’ve kept blogging because this blog has become exactly that! ❤️
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
I really enjoy doing Top Ten Tuesdays–the template is there, so it doesn’t require formatting or anything finicky; they’re super quick to write; and they always generate great conversation!
3. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 FAVOURITE BLOG POSTS?
I highlighted this whole concept in my August 100 Blog Posts celebration, but that was a few months ago, so an updated version:
- My review/ranking of Taylor Swift’s folklore
- My love letter to Halloween
- My therapy session/tips on how to survive university
4. WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS TO DO TO RELAX?
Curling up with my dog is like taking a bath in endorphins. Losing myself to the fictional world of The Sims, where I control everything, is also very relaxing for a self-confessed control freak! And to manage anxiety, last year I also started bullet journalling. It’s super therapeutic–especially as I tend to do it at night, with a lamp and candles, and a gin or a cup of anti-anxiety tea. Suuuuper zen!
5. WHAT ARE 3 OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS?
It feels cruel to count family/friends/my dog as ‘things’, just like it seems cheaty to say ‘books’ or ‘laptop’. So purely materialistic, very specific things that are my current favourites:
- The set of witchy tealight candles I recently bought on Etsy
- My new winter coat (I haven’t had one in, no joke, over a decade, and I love this one so much I wore it in place of a dressing gown last night)
- My hot water bottle. (Am I leaning too far into the cold, dark season? Yes, probably.)
6. WHAT ARE YOUR PROUDEST BLOGGING MOMENTS?
I was really proud of that university survival post, because writing it was like draining poison from a wound–and some of you were lovely enough to say it helped you, too, which is amazing!
I was also really proud of getting to 100 blog posts–I’ve struggled to commit to blogging before, so that’s a milestone for me!
And finally, I’m proud of these specific posts: they’re my most popular, they’re still searched for months later, and they took WEEKS to compile–every Easter egg I could find across The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes, organised by comparison to The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay!
7. WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES OUTSIDE OF BLOGGING?
What timing–I just blogged about this for Top Ten Tuesday! Find out my non-blogging, non-bookish hobbies here 😁
8. DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY IN 3 WORDS.
Passionate, loyal, creative.
9. WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 PET PEEVES?
That particular brand of arrogant, inconsiderate ignorance (whether political, social, or just being too rude to hold a door open for someone). People who chew with their mouths open (even if you’ve got a blocked nose or something–chew quietly and with your mouth closed!). Pessimism. (Not to be confused with anxiety or depression; I mean those people who always have something to moan about and never consider trying to look on the bright side. The ones who ask, ‘Who won?’ when you tell them you came second place in something. Be enthusiastic! You might enjoy it!)
10. WHAT’S SOMETHING YOUR FOLLOWERS DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU?
If I revealed that, they’d know, wouldn’t they? 😉
That was fun! If you read this far–consider yourself tagged 😊